Quote:

looking at pics of the failure, it's kinda hard to tell because of the out of focusness, but I'd guess there was probably a defect on the face of the shaft (a small nick or something) that was a stress concentrator, where a crack propagated from....I'd get a new shaft, inspect it, and if there are any nicks, etc, smooth them out, and run with it.

Patrick, you must be a regular McGuyver.... Upon a real close inspection, It looks like someone gripped the input shaft right behind the splines and it left 2 sets of marks in the metal. Guess where the shaft snapped??? Exactly at the marks on the :shock........
I still have not been able to find a lockup input shaft but I was wondering if a regular non-lockup shaft is hollow like the lockup design???? If so, could I simply get a non lockup style converter and use the non lockup input shaft??? Would the lockup valvebody still work??? I did install the transgo TF-2 and it works pretty good.

If the lockup shafts are hollow and the regular style is not than they have to be alot stronger right???? TBF