Quote:

Well.. if I replace it will I be back here next month with the same problem ???? I have maybe 500 miles on the engine and trans and I don't want to go through this exercise again...... Is there a heavy duty input shaft that I can get????? Is there anything I can do to minimize the chances of a repeat???? FWIW, when the trans failed I was at the dragstrip with my drag radials on for the first time and it let go at the 1-2 shift........ At this point, I would rather spend the time and money and go 727. I don't want to just replace the input shaft and hope for the best as I think a new one will just end up snapping again. I do like having the 2.74 low gearset and I spent alot of money on a fresh rebuild with good parts but if I can't be somewhat assured that I won't break a new shaft I don't think it is smart money to "hope" I won't have another failure.... I want to have fun with this car and take it to the strip often. TBF

whats the build specs on the motor. unless youre running SERIOUS HP, you shouldnt worry about breaking shafts like that. most likely had a defect