Last machine shop I worked at I had the pleasure of building a stroked 360 with some oval port indy heads I ported. Forged scat crank, scat I-beam rods (the cheap ones) and KB flat top pistons at zero deck. I did a moderate port job on the heads and I remember peak flow being 327 cfm @.650". I remember that number because I achieved it on my first try and was a bit upset due to the fact that I spent a week on one port of my RPM LA heads with 2.080" intake valve and a 5/16" stem and managed 317 cfm @.700". Guess when you start with a better design, everything comes easier. But I'm getting off topic. That 408 with the indy heads had a hydraulic erson roller cam and those crap indy rocker arms. I was not pleased with the pushrod angularity because the pushrod seat in the lifter is very high on the hydraulic roller lifters. None the less, this engine produced 575 hp @ about 6200 rpm. It would spin to 6500, but the valvetrain would not support it and power dropped off significantly. Intake was a matching indy single plane, also ported by yours truly. Keep in mind, this was 11.5:1 CR. Maybe not the most ideal for a daily driver. I cannot remember the specifications on the cam, but I want to say it was 258, 266 @ .050" with a 108 lsa and .375" lobe lift. I'm sure I'm not absolutely correct on the specifications, but I know I'm in the ball park.
Block was studded on the mains. It really needed a solid roller and some T&D rocker arms. Ah well, I wasn't the one to put the parts list together, I just worked with what I was given, minus the indy pushrods. Threw them in the trash and ordered Smith Bros...