I am relaxed

I wasn't all emotional in my post. All I was saying was that it sounded like you were being quick to dismiss "a bunch of random forum guys" over your engine builder, and I was simply pointing out that the folks on Mopars are not exactly "a bunch of random forum guys who read an article in car craft"

I'm also pointing out that your logic isn't making sense. you talk about a maximum sized valve based on some equation in relation to bore size, going for maximum air flow, in what sounds like an all out max power build, but then you turn around and say you're only shooting for a mild 500-550 hp for a street engine.

As it's been said, it's your money. you can spend it however you want.

If I was building a 340 based stroker, and I wanted a goal of 550 hp...My wallet is also going to have a say in that. I would use a production block, just as you, because it can easily handle the goal of 550. a full on race block is a waste of money for those power goals...but if you got money to blow, why not go with one, right? My head choice, would be mildly ported edelbrock heads or fully ported iron heads like the 2.02 R/T Magnum heads, either option would set me back about $2,000 Or, I could go with some crazy exotic fully CNC'd custom head because again, that would easily deliver 550 hp.

see what I'm trying to say? your desire for a 2.100 valve is simply overkill and wasted money for the power level you want. there's a difference between "all out, money is no option, maximum performance" and "being smart with your money and spending only what you need to"

At the end of the day, it's your money. Not mine. you can do as you wish! it's a free country!

**Photobucket sucks**