I do much the same as you have research,research and then some more.
What I have noticed about your build is the TRUCK or VAN part.
You have focused entirely on HP numbers and theories,not TORQUE. You are looking for 100000 mile engine, so a high revving HP engine is somewhat out of the picture. Im not saying high rpm HP engines dont or cant last a 100000 miles but a 600hp 7000+ RPM engine is likely not going to last 100k with out computer controls of fuel, timing and torque managment for that matter. However if you built an engine for 500 ft# TQ down low 3500 rpm 500 plus HP 5800 to 6200 RPM you could get better odds at lasting 100k miles. I also belive you would be happier with this build rather than a HP build. Torque rules the steet especially when in a heavy,aero dissadvantaged van or truck.
Properly sized ports have velocity and great flow that are not restricted by a 2.02 2.05 valve yet they build power in the usable RPM range.
The ENGINE MASTERS competition is NOT won by the highest HP number it is won by the highest average of both HP and TQ numbers. FOCUS on HP and not TQ and you will see the ass of every modern 6000 to 7000 pound deisel rig that pulls next to you let alone semi hot Imports.
This is my opinion and my experience TORQUE RULES in a daily driver. A 100k miles motor indicates a daily driven vehichle.
Now if this is a shell of a truck or van 2500# super deep gears this is some what null and void.
Good luck on your build. THINK TORQUE