Factory undercoated cars (cars that had the OPTIONAL undercoating added) did come with hood pads as part of the package, all other cars were to recieve "sound deadner" (under coating) in the wheel wells to quiet road noise. It seems that the LA plant "didn't get the memo" and only applied it to the rear of the car. My car was not optioned with undercoating so no hood pad.

The lower body did get a blackout applied but I believe it's because my car came with the lower body molding and it was part of that package, not due to the cars color. It's applied VERY similar to how a 71 Cuda is painted. I took a lot of pics and measurements to get it back on the correct way after paint. The molding mine came with is the same as this 71 Twister is wearing.

The bottom of this car is pristine aside from a few added holes drilled for bucket seats and a dollar bill sized rust spot in the drivers foot well (water leaked past the wiper seal and sat under the gas pedal). The primer/sealer is not as black as I expected, it's close to black but looks tinted towards a deep army green color, there are widely scattered flecks of original GY3 yellow over spray on most areas of the floor pan short of the deepest recess of the floor tunnel, but none of it is very heavy.

I am almost done cleaning off the undercoating, tedious and slow but it all came off (I only used hot water, no solvent yet) it only took a couple hours. The wheel wells were the worst, very heavy coating went slowly, about like a really nasty bead blast cabinet job. Now I'm giving the UC areas a solvent bath/soak and final steam cleanup and she'll be clean. To those whom will be trying this job.......Wear full cover clothing, plan on getting soaking wet, wear goggles to save your eyes, give yourself a full day for the job and cleanup. It's not that bad a job with the steam cleaner and it CERTAINLY blows away a torch and a scaper!