Quote:

www.hre.com and Spud Miller at Fuel Injection Enterproses have math formulas that will get you a starting baseline to work from. If your pump is an 80A, it's around a 6.8 gallon a minute pump. You are fat! With your cubic inches and the intake that you have, your fat. You could go to a 100 pill in the main, and it would be close I bet. The other thing that so far nobody mentioned is that when you change your main pill, if your barrel valve is spot on, you will have to adjust it a flat or two. Until you get close with your tune-up, you will want to make changes of 12 - 16 number on your main pill. You're looking to make heat in the motor and show heat on the plugs. Once you get close, then make changes of 4 numbers at a time: 100, 96, 92 or 100, 104, 108. Once your happy with how the car is running, then you might want to think about adding a high speed lean-out to further dial in the system.

I sent my whole setup to fuel injection enterprises to start with, as I was new at the mechanical alky injection also. My tuneups were very close from him. I have since fine tuned my tuneup with minor variances from his initial tuneups. Imop VERY well worth having done being new to the injection as I was. Worth every penny. Saved me a ton of headache.

6714886-0520001936.jpg (50 downloads)