If the idle was set with the motor cooler than the temp you run at, it is probably still too fat. You will use more alky if you are trying to run the car at a lower temp than say 180 to 190 degrees. I see about 500 degrees exhaust temp at idle, full warm ready to run at 185 degrees. My system varies by a flat or two on the barrel valve adjustment from hot summer to cool fall days. You can set the idle , just remember exactly what you did so you don't lose the base setting. From where you are at, I would warm the motor to operating temp, then lean it out a couple of flats and see if it is crisp when you snap the throttle open quickly. That is what you want. Move leaner till it doesn't have that crisp response at operating temp, then go back a little at a time till it does. You want it just barely rich enough to be vary responsive, no hesitation. You will get there, just keep working at it and you will get comfortable. It would be a good idea to print all the posts on this thread and keep them with you till working on the system becomes second nature.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky