Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 01:38 PM
People will not read any write up that exceeds 3 or 4 sentences. It takes zero effort to send a message asking a stupid questions to the seller so many do just that. I like blocking lowlifes- that way they cannot keep bugging me. I sold my 71 Demon using FBMP (Facebook Marketplace) back in Dec 2019. I had to use my blocking method but after 2 weeks a guy in Detroit (I am in Holland MI) contacted me. After a phone conversation he sent me a check from his bank for the ENTIRE amount. He came 2 weeks later and picked up the car. I placed his $13,000 check in my bank account for safe keeping and had the transaction take place while my bank was open- just in case something happened, and he did not want to go thru with the purchase.
19 899 Read More
Unlawfl's Race & Engine Tech
04/26/24 01:31 PM
Correct length axels, imo I would use tapered bearings on axel, I don’t trust the side load strength on the green bearing for street
7 575 Read More
Moparts Question and Answer
04/26/24 01:28 PM
My 63 engine had 426 TMPHC iirr but really there’s no difference in any block from HC to non HC, just what’s put inside
10 649 Read More
04/26/24 01:27 PM
What is that kit suppose to do and on what brand and model cars confused
2 157 Read More
Ebay / Craigslist / Marketplace / WIW
04/26/24 01:24 PM

I like it! up
2 199 Read More
04/26/24 01:23 PM
Interesting. I had a long conversation with a legacy cam grinder about the "flat tappet failure problem" and he was emphatic that the majority of failures were caused by poor workmanship during manufacture. This video seems to support that, at least with lifters.
1 51 Read More
04/26/24 01:19 PM
Wow, that definitely shows signs of interference.

Not a Milodon oil pump fan myself.

Melling HV pump with the Milodon plate is all I have ever used.
4 204 Read More
Moparts B Body
04/26/24 01:09 PM
FOR SALE 1968-9 B Body cars headlamp attaching bulb rings. Price $10.00 plus $8.00 shipping Bob Horman
64 7,477 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 12:51 PM
Seems like it was 20 years ahead of it's time.

The trucker/CB radio craze seems like it hit its peak as more of a 70s thing--"Convoy", "BJ and the Bear", Every Which Way but Loose, Smokey and the Bandit, etc.

Who had a whip antenna on their trunk lid back in the day???
8 355 Read More
04/26/24 12:51 PM
Ran when parked. In 1973.
5 282 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 12:42 PM
Saw the HI Performance Mopar Magazine car from the past..1970 bronze challenger convertable with a black top.I think it has a 318 in it.
18 586 Read More
Transmission and Differential
04/26/24 12:16 PM
2468372 big block bellhousing with inspection cover. I bought this bellhousing to put a big block 4-speed in a 69 Dart but decided to keep the car an automatic as it originally came. The bellhousing has been media blasted and I put a coat of primer on it. $450 for both. Money orders only. No Paypal.

gt340 at yahoo.com
25 2,447 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by poorboy

Yep, I believe drilling the mounting holes a bit larger diameter solved that problem, it seems to me the threaded holes in the 273 and the 318 heads were at a slightly different angles. Opening up the holes on the intake allowed the bolts to be threaded into the heads and the slight difference in the angles didn't cause any sealing issues. But it was a long time ago.

Exactly right, that's how I put a Performer intake on my 65 273.

did the performer intake have the small ports ? what size did you drill the holes to ? did you use washers under the bolt heads ?
beer

I don't recall the port match, I don't worry about it, it's turd polishing for a stock 273 in my opinion, lol.

I don't recall the size drill bit I used, wasn't much bigger than the stock opening as someone mentioned the intake bolts are smaller on the early 273 and there was almost enough clearance as it was, just did a test ft and inspection while it was on the stand.

I always use washers, so yes, but not so much because of anything specific to this swap.
9 605 Read More
04/26/24 12:00 PM
95 Cummins, check. 01 used slide in camper, check. 03 enclosed 32' trailer that was obtained in a trade for labor, check. Spare parts? uhm, starter, cap and rotor, plugs, tape, zip ties, wire.
Doug
7 655 Read More
04/26/24 11:09 AM

'cilimder geads' being sold by Vato Loco.....what could possibly go wrong?

rolleyes
3 272 Read More
Moparts Restoration & A12 Forum
04/26/24 10:54 AM
He's around. Heck, he even called me yesterday smile
13 1,021 Read More
04/26/24 10:16 AM
Thanks Don! Maybe we'll see you out this year?
108 18,288 Read More
04/26/24 04:29 AM
I recently bought a 4WD 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was thinking of
doing a modest 2" or 2.5" lift using the typical aftermarket coil spring spacers.
I was told by a mechanic ( 40 years in the business) that owns an independent shop...
that by doing this, would drastically affect the steering capabilities of the Jeep. In his words...
" You're steering would be all screwed up". Anyone here, do this modest lift on a Jeep? Is it better to swap to different/longer coil springs/shocks/steering damper??
What were your results? TIA.
0 63 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by MoparJunkie
He called me! Thanks

up
3 525 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
[quote=Magnum]Once you decide on a trailer. You will have to consider upgrades.

I drove flatbed tow truck for 5 years. Secured the cars on the bed with chains, wheel straps through the rims and wheel straps. Holding the car by the frame is the worst thing you can do to a car. It feels solid but when that bed or trailer hits bumps it will bang into the chains and oval out holes. If the car dips on the suspension, all good. When it extends up, it will smash into the chains so hard dirt and rust will be sitting on the bed to prove what happened.

E tracks to secure all 4 tires is the best method. Have 3 fail and the car will still be there. This is how all the manufacturers tow the new cars.

Not all new cars, like the Vipers the frames were reinforced to chain them down, some other high-end cars are the same. Axle straps are still the safest and easiest to use besides straps through the wheels if it is possible to do that. Using wheel straps in an enclosed trailer is not always easy, especially for us old guys. I have never had an issue with axle straps over the rear axle and trough the lower control arms... twocents

I have always wrapped around the rear axle and thru the K frame on the front.

Those are nice, I wish everyone had them! When I worked for Mr. Norms Garage all our custom builds had oval rings welded on front and rear, made my job much easier, especially when I had the 4 car stacker!
42 3,049 Read More
Member Projects & Survivor Pictures
04/26/24 03:05 AM
up
214 113,600 Read More
Stu Harmon General Forum
04/26/24 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by moparx
this reminds me of an incident back in my junkyard ownership days.............[1972-1984/5]
one day, my brother was under the hood of his vega, [ haha panic laugh2] beating the pi$$ out of something with a big hammer. casually, i wondered over to see what was what with that.
seems he had "found the cure" to his starter issues was to beat on the solenoid..........
i casually told him i "knew a guy" in the parts business. biggrin
one junkyard starter later, all was well in the world............
he never did pay for that starter.........[the rat !]
beer

The vegas also had a circuit on the ignition that would shu tthe more off if the oil pressure was too low. HMM thin GM knew there might be a problem with oil consumption whistling NAHHH can't be. OK back on topic beer
29 1,186 Read More
04/26/24 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by fullonmopar
I think the early ones up to 64 were 1820654 and small pinion

Yes , the one pictured above is definitely a 489 , they are the only one with the large cast 9

I'm confused, where do you see a "LARGE Cast 9" ? confused
How about the first picture next to the carrier adjuster cap area scope up

Would've never guessed that one up beer
13 689 Read More
04/26/24 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by wingman
Has anyone had success using a device like this inline to compensate for their incorrect aftermarket sender/factory gauge? I've heard from some that they work, and others that they do not.

Basically an adjustable resistor I assume?

https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=748/mode=prod/prd748.htm

they do work if you're fairly close (within 1/4 tank). I've installed quite a few as it sure beats filling, emptying, tweaking the float arm and repeating with no gain.
A bit of a PITA due the wiring etc. but less so than the mentioned circle jerk twocents up beer
23 1,692 Read More
Moparts Engines
04/26/24 01:31 AM
I am looking for a factory standard bore 340 piston with two valve reliefs. It needs to be for the right side. One of my original pistons got dropped in the floor and it broke the skirt. I need a replacement so I can put my engine back together. Please let me know what’s out there for sale. Thanks
4 821 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7