I think taking shots at each other accomplishes nothing except for everyone being pissed off with each other. I am realistic that this event will not be back to where it was 20 years ago, but I do believe it can get back to where it was 8-9 years ago. Look I have a great time when I go to this event. I think there are some good suggestions out there from the various members. I think if the hemi shootout, maybe a gamblers race and a grudge match with supercar/FAST, plus some more promotion via whatever radio, internet. I do also agree is maybe pushing the show car corral further out and bring the racers closer in would help. Let's face it as stated before the swap area will never be big again because of ebay, etc. I think this event has to be promoted more as a race event than a be all end all.
As for Musclepalooza on labor day weekend where people say it was not as sucessful as LVD there are many reasons for that. Some are as stated before is that Englishtown is much larger so it will seem not to be as large and then there is some real stiff competion in the area with Lead East that has been doing it since the 80's.
Again in the end we have to look at the positives and build from there. Just my along with many other peoples

"Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, and nitro is for racing!" original author unknown, used by Gene Adams and Don Garlits among others