Quote:

First off let me start by thanking all the die-hards that still come out for this event.You make it worth our while to retain this show. The folks that show up are having fun and that is important.
Some of you, however, really must have your heads in the sand. Take a look around. All of the muscle car shows are shrinking, and shrinking rapidly. I said it before, and I'll say it again, The hobby is "greying". Many musclecar owners are now in their 50s and '60s. They've "been there and done that". The excitement is gone. In addition, many of us are facing serious financial difficulties in this terrible economy. All you have to do, if you don't believe me is to come out on a regular race day and count the number of "classic" Mopars...........One? maybe two? Usually none! And this is at a big, famous race track in a major metropolitan area.
The sad fact(for you) is that you are being replaced by a new generation that shows little interest in our type of car. Proof? How about Twenty Two Thousand people for Waterfest, a two day VW and Audi show in the dog days of August. Earlier this year we had a sport compact race with Nine Thousand spectators on a Sunday and ATCO had to close the gates before noon on Honda Day because there was no more room for spectators or racers. They (spectators)were actually cutting the chain link fence with bolt cutters to let their friends in!
We offer them the same thing that we offer you. They come, you don't.
Pontiac Day, which used to bring a couple hundred cars had about 30 cars this year. Have we really messed things up that badly? I don't think so. You want the event to grow? Talk all of your friends into actually showing up and to stop crying into their keyboards.
Flame on!
WF

Sorry, and with all due respect, I disagree with your statements for the most part.

Yes, the economy is in the dumps. We all know that. But there are people that are still getting out and enjoying the hobby. Lots of people. Get in your truck next week and head up to Lebanon Valley for Musclepalooza and then tell me that the muscle era cars are dead. The place draws an unbelievable crowd! Packed to the rafters. Same for the Carlisle events. And while I havent been to the Nats in the last few years, I hear they are still drawing a big crowd as well. Yet, Musclepalooxa at Etown doesn't nearly have the "juice" that the Valley has. Something's just wrong here. And as a business owner myself, I don't like anyone telling me how to run my business so I won't do the same for Etown, but constructive criticism is certainly welcomed. At the end of the day, a bigger, more popular event is good for all. The spectators/entrants have more fun and the house makes more money. Everyone wins.

The import events seem to be more about the "culture"(women, music, and )than the cars. But give them their due, they figured it out somehow.

I won't outline all of the changes that I believe should be made, as frankly, they would mirror what most have already previously posted. Read and take note I suppose. The one change that should absolutely be made is to change the date of the event. It rains just about every year on that weekend. Perhaps people are just "crossing it off their list", assuming that its going to rain anyway. The string of bad weather for this event is beyond a coincidence at this point. Move it or lose it.

Regards,

MB