Quote:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the folks disagreeing with Walter. It's pretty simple that if the 200+ folks from this site alone that no longer attend and make excuses as to why simply showed up one year, that would make the following year one of anticipation. That would also show the facility that the event has life which would in turn create the finances from the draw, not the tracks' account to provide some of the "events" being discussed such as legend appearances which cost money(sometimes in the thousands of dollars), hemi shootout event with sponsorship and payout etc. Regardless of the headcount drop in the last few years, all sides make very valid points. Internet and Ebay sales for parts, the reproduction parts market explosion, cost of simple things like food(bring your own), fuel, tolls, and the "been there done that perception" are all things that absolutely contributed to the downfall. But it always comes back to simply putting it on your calendar and showing up. Pay your $12 to come in, see old friends, buy a burger, watch some races, make new friends, open up to the new models of our hobby(LX), check out the SuperCars, and have a good time. Yes we remember how it used to be and it will never be a standing room only event. None of the heavy hitting events are. They are all not dead, but you can't honestly tell me that Carlisle wasn't thin, and Columbus wasn't thin. How can you not want to go to this event? The name Raceway Park alone is the top reason we go. Come under that tower when you're racing and there is nothing like it, thousands of feet of paved parking, beautiful grandstands, the sounds of racing, meeting up with your old friends, and putting a face to your keyboard friends. I'm sorry but I'll still attend no matter what because of those simple details. Many of us will still not agree, but all I know is myself a the gang of merry men that convoy with us, plan to go every year like has always been.

Didnt Carlisle just set an attendance record last year??