I believe you and I wasn't even a glimmer in Dad's eye in '68. But I also believe the factory and subsequent dealerships did some things that were never mentioned... Like a mechanic blowing up the original Hemi on the PDI test drive. I know the mechanic that got fired for it (much older than me but story was verified...lol). The owner of the new car was not told there was a warranty longblock in it from the day before they picked it up... Or the new unsold cars that got full repaints after they were backed off a carrier with the upper deck a hair too low (happened when I was working at the dealership). You can never say never with mopar (or dealerships).
Blueprint spec is just that. Unfortuntely, the factory never blueprinted anything and I've yet to see a 383 deck that was even close to blueprint spec. As Johnsaid, I've only seen about 8 of them... Not a real big representation honestly but with no exceptions and similar findings on all factory engines regardless of displacement I trust the trend......lol.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.