Quote:

Quote:

My goals are apparently ambitious. I want to run mid 10.50s with the car, non gutted with cal-tracs. I also want to run a streetable gear (3.55

A mid 70's Challenger full street interior, etc. will weigh a lot. Depending I am thinking 3600-3800 lbs. That makes running 10.50 a lot tougher, and needs more power/torque.

IMO, a big block stroker is no more expensive than a small block stroker, and for the power level you need; I think the BB will be less expensive.
You can always sell your small block stuff to get some cash.

Couldn`t agree more............I use a .030 72 400 truck block, home ported rpm heads, 6.385 chevy rods, an off-set ground 413 crank(3.900 stroke)an Isky solid roller cam, victor intake and Hooker fenderwell headers. Not big bucks,low maintainance and VERY streetable and dependable to boot. Been beating this thing for 11 years in two different combos and it`s STILL going strong. Good luck either way.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....