Hey:

Don't mean to start a war, but I'm at the point where I need to decide between a big block and a small block stroker for my Challenger. Of course, the car already has a small block in it, so that gives the stroker idea a bit of a break.

On the other hand, I have access to some complete late 60s 440s (that I would rebuild), so that might help. Unfortunately don't think I would be able to stroke the big block.

My goals are apparently ambitious. I want to run mid 10.50s with the car, non gutted with cal-tracs. I also want to run a streetable gear (3.55), and would like it to be fun on the street (aka torque). A buddy of mine is running mid 10s with his (ahem) Ford 408 stroker street car and a 3.55, so I cant imagine it would be too big a problem hp wise - except that the heads for small block Fords are pretty awesome by comparison to what's readily available for Mopar.

I am not real aware of what kind of real world horsepower and torque the LA strokers make. My big concern is the reasonably priced cylinder heads (LA-X, or maybe Eddies) limiting the total horsepower capability.

To be fair, I know next to nothing about Big Block heads either, so maybe they're flow limited also, and again, I'd have to buy big block swap parts and a 727 to replace my 904-unless someone knows of a good adapter setup.

Also curious about how much weight difference there would be between a small block and big block.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger 5.9 Magnum, built 904 ET 11.70 / 113 mph Want to swap a Magnum into your Mopar? www.magnumswap.com