hey!

Your car is NICE. Wow.

Hope the cam stuff is getting figured out. I'm with these guys, don't do any unnecessary swiss cheesing. Fighting the rust is hard enough as it is.

My car started at 3400 pounds with me in it when it was bone stock. pulled the ac, iron intake, power steering (huge savings there), weld wheels instead of steelies, ditched spare and jack, aluminum driveshaft, lost the kickdown linkage (lol), 2" off of converter, monoleafs.

Added back subframes and DS loop, caltracs, replaced 318 with 5.9, added 8.75, ignition box,

Now the car weighs....3400 with me in it.

I bet the hood weighs more than 55 lbs. I'm looking into fiberglass, but thats big bucks by the time you buy it, ship it, paint it.

Let me know what you find on the headlights. I'll try that.

What was breaking on your 8.75? Mine's still going (auto). Hope I don't have to replace it. I'd change the clutch to something that hits easier. That's half the battle to keeping a rear end alive.

8.8s are unbelievably tough. In the race car, we used to launch it at 7000, pull the front wheels three feet in the air. Stock housing, spool, 31 spline. No issues.

Aluminum driveshaft saves almost 10 lbs. haha

Mono leafs are a lot lighter too...not entirely helpful I'm sure.

run dumps? Tailpipes are plenty heavy.

A lighter radiator would go a long way. You have to be careful though, as a lot of the aluminum ones have bigger tanks, so they're lots heavier when full.

I saved 10 pounds (and a little money) running an undersized battery. With that alternator and the gear reduction starter you should be fine.

I still have the bench and like it, but I'm going to have to make some tough choices when the roll bar goes in.

Steve

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger 5.9 Magnum, built 904 ET 11.70 / 113 mph Want to swap a Magnum into your Mopar? www.magnumswap.com