Quote:

You reach the point of diminishing returns eventually, especially if you want to keep the street car aspect of it and don't have a lot of money to throw around. I would really think about punching holes in the door, might want to calculate what you will gain (ehh lose), before doing so.

The heavy hitters are things like the bumpers, brackets, etc. Hood is heavy too. The sky is the limit, really. You running a SB or BB?

Do you really need the heater?

I know keeping it a street car makes it tough. I keep trying to picture in my head where I can lighten it up. Possibly next year I may upgrade to a fibreglass hood, but not in the budget this year. Unfortunatly its an iron headed motor too, but atleast its a small block (with a heavy 4 speed and Dana 60 though too)

I am sooo tempted to pull the heater, but im not going to lie, ive had to use it before. I've gotten stuck in the rain before, and if it wasn't for that defogger, it would have been impossible to see out the windows. plus, I like to go cruising in the fall as well. How much could I potentially shed if i lost the whole setup?

This car is never going to be restored to all original, so i don't mind cutting things up tastefully or in spots no one will see...I just figure that being that I dont have alot of money for horsepower, i mine as well shed every pound i possibly can for free