Quote:

Quote:

Though my chassis guy says they are supposedly around the same strength, i've seen and heard ov lots ov racers breaking 8 3/4", but when do you ever hear ov broken 8.8's...??? The Mustang guys abuse the hell outta those things... not to mention they've come stock in MANY badass Ford rides. Again, not Mopar, but light, strong and cheap. To me, the only negative is that they're just ugly... haha

I'll go one better...... I've been 11.50's with a GM 7.5 with stock axles and a mini spool

Oh i believe it. There is some really weird voodoo with that rearend. Seeing as they come in almost EVERYTHING in certain years, and the GM guys have to spend real money to change 'em (G-bodies mainly) they have a tendency to push their limits and gamble more than most. I've seen as fast as 11 second cars and one guy has a Blazer 4x4 than ran nines on supposedly two ov these diffs, front and back (do they come in the front?). Nobody could ever figure out how he held that jalopy together, or got it past tech for the two runs he was able to make. No one wanted to race this guy near the end because they didn't want to be the one beside him when the inevitable happened...

And then you've got my friend in his light 80 Gutless with a 375HP 350, auto, BFG T/A's and NO traction whatsoever... who's on his third one, mini-spooled as well... I actually ended up selling him an E-body 8 3/4" for that car that he's yet to stuff in there.