Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I run a STR-14-6 with mechanical carbs. The motor is a .060 over 440 w/ Eddy heads, 10.7 cr, and a Comp hydraulic in a 66 Coronet. I bought the STR partly because I was told "It will never work". I didn't believe that. I'm knocking on the 10 second door w/ a best of 11.03 @ 119. I'm working on a weight loss program......

I always wonder when I see a car with a 6 barrel that has a slightly low MPH to the ET if it's running out of air/carburetion. A setup up like yours would be easy to swap to a 2X4 barrel top with a pair of 600's for a good comparison. I'm not saying anything is wrong with your combo - it runs real hard - just curious about if it could use a little more air.

its not the carbs, its the intakes. and IMO, i personally dont see me gaining much if anything on my combo if i bolted on a dominator

I don,t think I have any problem with my carbs either, I ran at thunder road this sat first full quarter passes on my car with 4.56s and 28.5 effective ht on my wore out 325 -50 15 mickey thompson radials in 4 passes I could never get it to hook but ran 99+mph on every pass at the 660' and 121+mph every pass at the 1220' my et suffered from the spinning with a best 1.67 60' 10.93 et ,my 60' is usually low 1.50s The problem lies with my intake being a (dual plane) stock style-stock port window-mill with runners as crooked as polititions are famous for being. I have no "six boggers" on my ride very much Thanks to Mr. Cab and Mr. Ray (sixpackgut) helping me learn to tune it, although I can,t see a big difference in my holley 2 bbls and holley 4 bbls wich use the same parts. I would be willing anyday to let anyone switch it to a 4-bbl settup with a similar intake as mine and see if it will pick-up any et and I would be willing to bet they will be dissapointed with the results. I would simply like to try the best for the buck single plane intake under my very reliable six pack.

496 stroker,Indy srs , new best 6.87 @ 98 1.46 60'