Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The disadvantage the Hemi has is NOT from quench.......it's from terrible valve angles (for a naturally aspirated application) and piston weight...........and the ONLY reason Hemi's do well in Super Stock is because they have two carbs, instead of one like the Chevy's.....

Terrible valve angles...

2 carbs

In the last few years NHRA has allowed '64 Hemi cars to run 1 carb in A/stock as long as it's a 1964 NASCAR intake. From what I'm seeing they run pretty darn good for antiques.

Your carb answer is a moot point since they never orginally made any single carb drag or street packages and can't be proven.

It's proven everyday, on race tracks everywhere. The SS/AH combo is a bad hombre, don't get me wrong, BUT, if you let a 427 Chevy weigh the same and get a sheetmetal intake, with two carbs, you might be singing another tune............I am as MOPAR as anybody, but I am also a realist and I know, just because it is a Mopar, does not automatically make it the fastest, or the most powerful. As Wayne said, the HEMI was king in its day, because of shear airflow, but the design itself is not the greatest. If it was, why is it, the wedge engines rule in N/A classes.............Call the NEW HEMI whatever you want, but it is basically a "twisted wedge" chamber and is NOT hemispherical at all.

Monte

I never mentioned that a HEMI was better and never intended to sound like I did..It's just his point(and now yours) can't be proven because it's comparing apples to oranges.

A HEMI has a number of disadvantages compared to a Chevy..rocker gear weight,piston weight/dome, combustion chamber too large and the exhaust valves on street HEMI style heads moved a few degrees to clear the shock towers.

and no one can go back in time and change what is.