Quote:

After 21 years of Drag Racing it seems that I have just completely lost interest in it, mostly due to the fact that we run around every day with our 10 year old boy's sports. The only thing we do is go get ice cream in it every now and then.

I think the best thing for me to do is to start over with a clean slate, I've seen street cars with a roll bar that didn't have the cross bar so you can utilize the back seat, with kickouts at the bottom of the main hoop for strength, or maybe a bolt in bar. Front bucket seats that tilt forward to get in the back seat, electric window kit, maybe a stick shift tranny , street tires maybe fat ones at all 4 corners, or bigs and littles??

It would have to be a mild pump gas motor so maybe a small block turbo that could be driven anywhere and still be fast. I want something I can DRIVE, with the family in it, no slicks, no oil pan or headers dragging the ground, maybe a BobsProFab front end with custom headers and oil pan for ground clearance.

Slicks, spooled rear ends, no back seat, loud and obnoxious, headers dragging, it's all fine when you're racing alot, but it gets annoying just watching it sit under a car cover all the time. Although I might run it this weekend finally!

What can you guys add to this? I started a pro touring thread awhile back and loved some of the ideas, a new style Hemi with a supercharger would be cool.

Personally, I think you need to trade yours for a Turbine Bronze, high 10 low 11 sec, 68 Dart street machine. No roll bar in the way. Runs fine on pump swill at the track all day long, and still holds it's own at car shows, if you choose.

But that's just my opinion

codfish

BEAUTIFUL Dart BTW