Bob, I'd keep your current ride and maybe tone it down a little to suit your needs. It's a beautiful car that runs really good. You can make it more streetable and still have an easy 10 sec car, which is still plenty fast for a street driven car.

I definitely would NOT buy a new Challenger SRT-8. I'll keep my opinion of those cars to myself since this a mopar board and people will bash me b/c I'm not a diehard mopar guy.

My dad has a nice street car that's fun as all get out to drive. It's a '69 road runner, rotisserie restored, stock interior with a bench seat. I built him a mild 440 w/ a 6 pack setup on it, hemi 4 speed, 3.55 geared 8 3/4 rear, and Vintage air A/C. The car makes close to 500 hp and blows cold air all day. It looks bone stock on the outside, the interior, and under the hood except for headers and the A/C. It is a blast to drive! It's a 12 sec ride and I have about as much fun driving it around as I do my 9 sec cuda. Makes me want to put a Jerico in the cuda.

It's all in what you want to deal with. Personally, I'm happy with my cuda as is. It is hot as crap during the summer, but it's worth it to me when you slam the throttle wide open. The only thing I change from street driving to racing is a different set of mufflers (race = 4" bullets, street = 4" flowmasters). Everything else stays the same. Unless you count removing the air filter.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax