Quote:

My setup is a stock 833 trans out of an E-body. McLeod Dual Disc RST clutch. Stock pedals, Hurst Super shifter III, Dana 60, ET Street (bias ply) tires at the track.

In order to eliminate some human error and be more consistent, I installed a roller switch on my clutch pedal. Very easy to wire up a cool two step rpm limiter. I push the clutch in, push one (momentary) button, and that "sets" the two step rpm limit. It won't come off that until the clutch is all the way out (launching). Then the relay goes to normal (no more two step) for all other shifts. Pretty cool. So it leave at the same rpm every run. No more finger co=ordination with the foot!

Seems very consistent, as I ran two runs with the same launch setup, and the 60' times were almost exact!

My dad and I both have our cars setup to spin the tires (limited) on the launch, to keep the rpms up and not break stuff. Clutch is locked 100% and doesn't slip at all.

If we get the tires to spin about 2 -3 revs (look at the video camera after a pass), that seems about right. I'm pulling the wheels and spinning the tires on the launch....kinda "early pro-stock like". Works great. Got to use Bias ply tires, because drag radials don't like to recover consistently, once they start spinning.

I power shift all the gear changes and that's with a 100% stock trans! No proshifting, no faceplates,.... Stock 23 spline. Can drive it on the street 100% normal, like the day it came from Detroit.

I'm loving it!

Larry what rpm are you shifting at...????

Rickster