Quote:

Quote:

I was running this in my mind that if his car came with that lid on a N96 car from the factory,then there might of been a Hemi T/A breather sitting at the factory ready to be installed on a 1971 Hemi Challengers. Then again I think Fram shipped the units complete from Fram to the Plant and maybe someone at Fram just sent it on it way with the wrong lid on a Shaker set up. I will have to look up the Build date on Bobs Hemi Challenger. Always like that Challenger.

So, it's possibly that Blue 71 Hemi Challenger's original factory installed air cleaner was probably the N94 TA Hemi assembly that John D bought! Maybe Downer suspected the same thing and wanted it back with the car.

He did not want it too badly because he welched on a deal to trade for some run-of-the-mill Hemi exhaust manifolds that I needed for a project! I actually carried the air cleaner all the way from my car to the top of the hill at Carlisle where I met him with his manifolds and he backed out. I ended up selling it to someone else for just enough $ to get some good original exhaust manifolds. The guy that I sold it to was so happy to get it that he was literally shaking when I handed it over to him. He appreciated the rarity of it. For some reason, thanks to his buddy, Downer decided the manifolds were worth more than the air cleaner.