Randy

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to this very informative thread as it is always interesting to learn more.
Your statements about giving credit where credit is due, and that it kills you
that these stories are so full of crap, and about being honest and telling the truth,
seem to stem from the fact that you were the one who supplied the N94 base traded for the Hemicuda and should be given the credit.
If that is the case we commend you for setting the record straight.
Regarding the sentence ," the previous story of getting a Base from Terry McCann on this is not true ",
since I am mentioned by name, just to clarify,..... I obviously had no input in the writing of that part of the story as that sentence could be interpretted that way.
Statements on page 4 of this thread from 2010 are by Alan V ( xs29j8 ) "by the way , the gentleman the air cleaner was purchased from is "mccannix"
and by myself "I never could remember who got it or what happened afterwards because this would have been in the mid 80's ".
Yes you are well known in the hobby and yes I can vouch for you.... as I'm sure many others you mentioned in the hobby can.
It seems that the 'irritation' you have is the way Alan relayed the story,
It would be nice if he chimed in but he hasn't been seen here since 2020
All in all, in my opinion the thread is a good read and thanks for the valued contribution.