Quote:

The HEMI N94 air cleaner may be EXPENSIVE, but if you want to talk RARE - find a single 4bbl N94 air cleaner....... or even a picture " I dare you"!!

OK I'll bite...maybe

I cant say for sure if this ever made it into production which I doubt, but I believe initially this was the intended design for the 4bbl N94.
There was one of these, and only one, in the 'hobby shop' at Fram where they did testing.
Basically a 4 bbl shaker base with the TA outer ring, same way they built a 6pak and Hemi TA base.
Since so few of these 4bbl cars were built, Hamtramk likely never got their hands on it to try it on a 4bbl TA hood equipped Challenger to see if the alignment with hood closure would seal and work. The two 4bbl numbers 3577457, 3577458 fall in line with the 6 pak and Hemi numbered TA bases but we all know how part numbers in the books can be misleading.
In all probability the aircleaner Dan has is likely what Chrysler decided to go with.
I recall Ken Papa had one like Dan years ago at his dealership also unless it is the same one.

5906594-TA4bbl.jpg (491 downloads)