After the new sectin was welded in I removed the rest of the old quarters that I had left in for further reference points and started to focus on all of the rot from the leaky lower rear window corners. More parts not being repoped yet so more doner hunting I went and with great success. Another Craigslist ad led me to a `68 coronet parts car that someone else local had brought up from GA, took what he needed off of it and sold the rest to me for almost nothing. It had the solid understructure parts that come down to the top of the wheelhouses as well as a nice package tray and trunk hinge brackets and window corner parts, as well as a bunch of other parts that I will put to good use as I make my way forward on this car. I have already sold off a bunch of parts I didn't need from that deal and ended up with over a thousand bucks back in my pocket. That is like getting paid to buy parts, if that makes any sense at all. With the money I made back on that deal I purchased a pair of full quarters and a pair of trunk floor extensions from AMD. The quarters were scratch and dents from a local dealer that really took only minor hammer and dolly work to straighten and they were less than 50 cents on the dollar. At this point I am well under budget!

5850001-IMG_3121_1.JPG (336 downloads)

`68 Road Runner "JUNKYARD DOG" `70 A66 FK5 Challenger, Rough project. `68 Coronet R/T Black & white 4 speed. `97 Dodge 1500 4X4, 228,000 miles and going strong!