Quote:

Maybe i should try and explain this better.Heres the deal at the Nostalgia events that i go to the theme is to have racing like they would on a country road somewhere (but legal on a Dragstrip).If you were racing on a country road you would drop a flag and go ,and the first one to the stripe would win.The problem we have now is that there are too many different level of cars running ,ranging from 8's to 19's.We only have 5 classes .One being stock ,another being Gas coupe/sedan (which is about 80% of the cars),dragster ,flatheads and 6 cylinders ,and Comp Coupe.I use to have a 13.5 4 spd Falcon that i drove up to 300 miles to events ,raced and drove back.I kept getting whipped by the trailered 11 and 12 second cars in Gas coupe/sedan class.I sold that car and decided to go with a cheap race only car ,hence my 64 Dart that i bought from Sam on here.It was running 11.90's - 12.00's when i got it and i did some cheap work and got it down to the 11.40's .I figured i would have a good chance of running the field in that class now.The guys that put it on saw that i was running faster than everyone else with a simular car ,and put me in the Comp class.Now im right back where i started with the other car,just in a higher class.I am a little frustrated sure ,but trying to give these guys another way to do it .Some thing like cubic inch / weight .I and others just dont want to bracket race at these events .If its not heads up then we have no insentive to try and go faster.Thats where i have my fun ,challenging myself each time out ,to go faster than the last time .I was just hoping to get some ideas on another way to do it ,not trying to run down what you may like to do ...

Why don't you just spray the pants off it and you can keep up with the faster cars in the class. Or, you can always practice with a pocket porta-tree and go bracket racing.

76' Volare, 5.9 magnum w/Iron heads. New best 10.68 at 123 mph 1/4 mile.