I am into Nostalgia type drags (pre 65) and most of the events that i attend all over are heads up.There are a few that are pushing for a dial in type platform to make it more even .The problem is i and others dont like it .Is there another wat to make it more even ,besides a handicap start? I realise that alot of people make money at it and thats great ,but its just not as fun to watch IMO ,as a heads up deal.I race just for fun and dont really care if i win or not .The guys with the slower (14 second and up cars)are the ones that are pushing for the Bracket thing .Isnt there other ways like weight /cubic inch to handle it better? How did they used to do it back in the day to keep it more fair between these old mixed matched hotrods?In my case with my 11.40 ET Dart i get put into the Comp class.I have a mild stroker 408 with a 750 Carb ,and i am running heads up against 9 and 10 second Big Block ,backhalfed cars ,because im too fast for the other class of Gas/Coupe/Sedan .I am trying along with others to give these guys that put on these events sum ideas on how to make it more even matches...:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...