OK - now we have even more facts. The Challenger sets I sold at the Nats that year where called "blems" by me - the first pattern cut by laser cutter was incorrect (they used an older pattern by mistake) and rather than throw them away, I sold them at a reduced rate ($100) and told folks they where blems and would need more fitment work.

The down side of this for me is folks seem to not recall the blem part, so I no longer sell blems of any type.

The upshot of this is you could have gotten a replacement set from me had you called and mentioned the fitment issues. I take back sets (even if they are cut in half) and would have sent you another set if you wanted - maybe someone else will chime in here that was refunded??

I rechecked my current Challenger connectors (yesterday) on a '70 Challenger that we are doing a body-in-white program to right now (it is listed on my web site, a 70 R/T). The floors are pretty rusty and ugly, but they are original and the frame connectors fit. I will soon have a new 70 Challenger (goodmark) floor to compare that pattern to.

I have seen so much variance in floors that I'm not surprised by anyone who claims the connectors do not fit. I always ask for pictures and placement details, some times it is a placement issue, some times it is tactics (moving the floor a 1/4 inch is doable by simply standing on the floor).

And really folks, 40 years of driving, twisting, running things over, standing on the floors - just how close is the floor to its original contour?

I'm so confident in fitment, I install them for $75 per side (free if we are doing other work, like the body-in-white program). I do that because it will not take me 20 hours to install them, it takes about 1 hour per side for the welding and another 30 minutes for a helper to grind and touchup the seams. Take a look at the set we just installed on a Mike's 71 Cuda (again - on the web site) and you will see an example. Mike paid $75 to have his connectors installed by us.

I'm OK with folks who want to voice a dissenting opinion about my products, that's one of the reasons behind offering the refund. Another is I want to treat folks the way I would like to be treated, and the refund bit plays into that.

So complain about them etc., all I ask is that you be fair to me about it. Let me know if you believe they do not fit - I have been able to resolve many fitment issues without you having to throw something away you paid good money for.

Hope that helps. There is no place like Moparts where we can share collective experiences about what works and what does not. I use the tech archives often and am thankful we have this venue - Moparts Rocks!