Quote:

Well,
I was not going to say anything just yet, BUT I feel that in light of the recent buzz about the McLeod trans, I guess it won’t hurt.

For a couple years now, we have been working on a NEW 5 Speed trans for Chrysler cars. We were not aware that McLeod was also doing it.

This is a clean sheet project. In other words, we are building this from the ground up. Due to our extensive experience with the cars that it must fit into, our individual designs that we will be offering will make installation easy. In fact, we feel that it will be something that the average guy can put in their car in just a few hours.

This unit will be a BOLT IN!!!!!!! No monkey business with driveline angles, notching torsion bar crossmembers, redrilling bellhouisngs, changing clutches. You will retain your ORIGINAL shifter handle in the ORIGINAL location. The unit will look like it came from the factory in the car. It will be a HURST style shifter arrangement with external linkage, just like the design of shifter that these great cars left the factory with.

There will be an A Body trans
There will be a B Body trans (‘63- ‘69)
There will be a'70 - UP B/E Body trans.

You will use your ORIGINAL driveshaft and yoke
You will use your ORIGINAL transmission crossmember and trans mount
You will use your ORIGINAL bellhousing
You will use your ORIGINAL flywheel,
You will use your ORIGINAL clutch and throwout bearing (18 spline only)

The unit WILL fit under the floor pan with no modifications.

Due to the simplicity here, it WILL be as easy as changing the trans. Truly an afternoon job.

As for cost… I can tell you this, it will not be $2300.00, HOWEVER, I feel that the price will be fair considering that the unit is MADE for the car. Versus taking an existing trans and trying to shoehorn it in and not cut the car as other manufacturers have tried in the past.

To accomplish the project, we have drawn on the years of gear cutting experience from our partner GFI. This is the organization that we have been working with our very successful Hemi OD project. They have a brand new CNC gear cutting facility that WE will be manufacturing the units.in.

And now for the BEST part…….

IT IS MANUFACTURED IN THE USA!

There will be more to come….

I may be one of the first in line for your E body version. Since I put 4.10 gears in my T/A I no longer enjoy driving it around town. However, I don't want to give up the additional torque multiplication and I don't want to cut my car up. I would like to see a .75 overdrive and a 2.90 first gear. This would be perfect for me.