Quote:

The McLeod unit is still up in the air by the sounds ov things. But the price is at least decent. And really, i could give a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] where it was made as long as the quality is there. China doesn't necessarily mean junk, just like homebuilt doesn't necessarily mean quality.

The Passon 5spd again, outta my budget, no matter how good it is. And personally, not a fan ov the 4spd OD idea, drove one (a stock truck unit in a 340 Demon), and just did NOT like the gear spread. I wouldn't even want that in a 440 car where the torque could mitigate the disadvantage.

See, this is where you are wrong. Our 4 spd OD gearset isn't even close to the gearset in the truck trans that you drove in the Demon. I don't feel that you are giving that option a fair shake.

As for the imported thing, that is entirely your call. The unit is actually made in Korea, not China. If it doesn't matter to you that it is imported, that is fine, it sounds like it should fit what you need and it will fit into your budget. What kind of horsepower did you have?
Thanks,
Jamie

We are looking at less then 5 grand for this unit.

*fixed your quote for you Jamie

Last edited by Defbob; 02/25/10 09:51 PM.