Quote:

Gus,
In keeping with the true bolt in deal. In other words being open and up front as far as costs go, the transmission will include a shifter and linkage. If we didn't do that, we wouldn't be any better than the "other" guys out there because you would need another $400+ dollars worth of shifter and linkage to be able to use the trans. It will be a HURST style shifter. Long makes good stuff, but it just isn't gonna fit where it needs to.

A note to everyone. Making a .85 OD ratio in my opinion is a waste of time. Our current OD Hemi 4 speed gearset has a .80 and I have heard people saying that it isn't enough overdrive. So, I can tell you that is out. I am on the fence about making a 3.2 first gear. That is PRETTY steep. If we make a steeper 1st gear, I am thinking something in the 2.9's.

As for Quadrini, I'll never tell.
Thanks,
Jamie

the .8 of the 4 speed isn't steep enough only because first isn't steep enough

check out the A580 tranny ratios in the LX's....mid 3.59 for first, and IIRC, a .83 OD, coupled with a 2.82 rear, has the same gear multiplication as a 2.64 first and 3.83 rear, and the final drive of a 3.54 with a .66 OD.....to me, the big thing is this strategy keeps the driveshaft RPM down. for instance, for a 27" tall tire at 120 MPH, that's 1495 RPM at the wheel. using a 4.10 gear and .66 OD make the driveshaft RPM 6130 RPM, with the engine at 4050 RPM. a deep first/1:1 OD with a 2.71 rear has both the driveshaft and engine spinning 4050 RPM at the same speed....

the crown victoria police interceptors are actually electronically limited to 125 MPH because of driveshaft RPM....

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)