Quote:

Hey Ron...Motor looks GREAT!!!! Just curious what it weighs...Will you weigh it??

That is a good question. Because I have done a lot to reduce weight. I used all the titanium Bolts I have been hoarding on this project. And, I have bought a few more. For instance the 6-1/2" Underhead length bolts on the Pass side of the water pump cost $27 each. But when you pick up and hold a bolt like that in Titanium, it is freaky light. Almost seems like PLASTIC.

I have no good way to weigh the engine. My best guess is I will be losing about 60 pounds changing engines. My car was 3115 with me in it at Vegas and resently it showed 3160 with me in it at Fontana. But is Vegas it was out of gas! LOL. The fuel pump fell silent in the shutdown area! Doh!

I will tell you this, I have no problem grabbing the bar that turns the engine on the stand (with 2 hands)and lifting that end of the engine to move it over when I am trying to position it in the garage.

I will post what I believe the weight reduction to be when I re-weigh the car in the future. With this new Engine, now I can start pigging out. Where's them RIBS!

6071789-MVC-186F.JPG (260 downloads)

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT