Quote:

This should be on every builders check list. Sorry to hear, glad you found it, demand your money back. It's absurd. What other shortcuts do they have in their Q.C.?

Yes, I know. But I am used to using $1200 Manley Rods and they were always PERFECT. So, after 2 mockups and the deck height seemed to be ok, I put it together. Without the rings on, that deck height does not repeat very well, but if you measure in the center of the piston it is close. Of course a quick measuring of the rod would have easily found this. With a 6" dial caliper I have one that is .0035 diff from side to side. The one that is pictured. On that one the whole offset is on the one side so you can see it with the naked eye. On most of the others it is a little on each side so it's not so obvious.

Well, it is costing me $70 to ship the rods back UPS 3 Day select. $22 of that is insurance (for ($2500) and I had to pay extra $5 for a UPS pickup since they will not let me drop them off locally with that much insurance. The UPS Employee driver has to verify they are packaged properly etc and sign for the package in case I need to make a claim.

These Guys are in the buisness of taking money in. Nobody has offered to return any money to compensate me. If I had anything to do with making these rods I would be ashamed. They could have very easily blown up my motor (25K) and who knows how many other rods they sent out like this. I think I was told they do stuff for NASCAR. I doubt that now. I would expect they would be black listed. Word would get around.

I would 100% ask for my money back and get different rods. Crower has some that would be a close replacement as far as weight and strength. But they are impossible to deal with. So, I am stuck. ANY different rod will require the crank to be rebalanced and may not clear the block and require more clearancing etc. There will be way too much rework if you think about it. All 8 Rods hit the oil pan and required clearance notches and I had to notch the crap out of the oil pump pickup but did get it to clear etc... With new rods much of this may be a no-go. These rods were in fact custom built with a very compact big end to help out with all of that.

I will let them fix them and will see what we get. I am hoping they tighten up the OAL variance a bit. I ended up with a length variance of .004 and that is no good. I am hoping that the pin fit screwed that up and if they redo them that will be good.

5820708-MVC-083F.JPG (253 downloads)

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT