Originally Posted By clonestocker
Originally Posted By John Doe
My latest ride. 2016 Cat. I flew out to Texas and drove it home 1365 miles. It felt like the Demon pulling at 130 MPH in 35 deg air back there. That SC loves the cold air. It was 26 deg when I got in it the first morning to head back. Car was covered in ice.

Of course it won't 60 foot like the Demon did.

You can drive this car all day long and never know it was fast.

Already added a nice set of Forgeline wheels and MT ET Street S/S Drag Radials.

Have not run it yet. Wish me luck.

Ron

Nice ride Ron. Welcome back. My youngest is waiting for his ScatPack to show up any day now. It's not a Hellcat though.

Matt, this post is for you. I did not want to Hijack Dom's thread and I am not really going to start posting in here much if at all. But I did not want to be an A-Hole and ignore you.

I still remember being flamed over my embarrassingly slow 2009 SRT Challenger. Even though I have proved to myself and others over and over that car had issues. Not me.

This Hellcat is everything you would imagine it is and can be, as long as you are realistic. For instance some think it is going to have hand buffed show car paint because it costs $70,000.....No, it has the same paint as a V6.

It runs exactly what it should. My best Quarter mile was at Famoso with 1125 Ft DA : 10.906 @ 128.54 with a 1.604 sixty foot. But at Irwindale it has ran 6.916 @ 101.05 with a 1.549 sixty foot at 850 DA. That run at Famoso was a 6.993 @ 100.91 MPH. So based on all my time slips I estimate it could run 10.78-10.82 @ 129.5-130 at 0 DA.

The best credible stock time that I know of was run in -1000 ft DA and that was at 41 deg ambient. 10.620 @ 130.96 He had an aluminum Driveshaft and 10X28 Bias Ply Hoosier Slicks on a 17" rim (pretty light). He runs added air in the front tires and VP MS109 and his track is open 6 days a week so he can easily chase good DA. Stock gears but a shorter tire. Not sure if I could match this Guy at the same DA but it would be close. I know my car would literally haul at 41 deg.

My car ran all those times on nothing special 91 octane right from the Pump. My Motor is 100% stock. I still have the stock Driveshaft. I put the Scat Pack Differential in my car which changes the Ratio from 2.62 to 3.09. The BEST thing you could do to one of these cars. I run the ET Street "R" 305/45R18 Drag Radials.

My car has about 2700 miles on it with not one problem so far. It has 105 Passes on it and the oil level is exactly the same as when I got it. Amazing. It has a really bad AZZ stereo, comfy Black Laguna Leather, Nav etc. I have had 7 late model Challengers and I think I finally have one I can keep. I don't have any choice because I suddenly retired on a whim Feb 11th of this year (quit my Job).

LAUNCH CROP.jpg
Last edited by John Doe; 05/28/16 09:26 PM. Reason: spelling

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT