Quote:

Would you do anything different if a aluminum block was available.

That is a good question. As many of you may know I was in a waiting for an aluminum Block. One that would accept all the production components. Basically a Aluminum R3. But, I have not even heard a peep out of anybody for ages. And I predict it is possible it will NEVER happen the way things are going. So I give up hope.

Yes, I probably would have gone with the callies 4.25 stroke forged Crank with all the lightweight machining and then maybe a solid roller to make up the power difference. But the rods would have been the same (except a .927 pin) and pretty much everything else. No CNC Block lightening would have been necessary (or wanted).

I am very weight conscious and have gone to great lengths to lighten the front of my car. So with this Motor I probably spent about $4000-5000 just to lighten the block (full CNC lighten program), crank, rods, pistons/Pins and he is even doing a bunch of milling on the heads AND Manifold for weight reduction. I think Ryan said the Crank might end up less than #40 pounds. I don't think the average person realizes how much weight reduction in the crank alone can be achieved. A 4.500" stroke crank for this engine without any weight reduction could weigh #70 pounds. That is 30 pounds and it is right in the front of the car and it will help with power slightly as well. There is a lot of "bad" weight in a crankshaft just riding around doing nothing. But I think the Callies 4.25" Crank stantard weight version costs around 1800 and my Crank is going to end up around 3500(balanced).

An aluminum Block probably would have saved me money in the long run. Or who knows I may have still gone for the Bryant Crank. But it would not have been as likely. Once we decided to do a billet the sky is the limit on stroke so we maxed it out. The cost is pretty much the same not matter what the stroke.

SRT DEMON ONE SEAT