Quote:

Made in America parts are better, if you need that explained, then you haven't worked on enough stuff. Cars or otherwise. I can't even begin to count the times that China crap has been bad out of the box or needed extra work to use. USA stuff is pretty good right off the jump.

Let's get one thing straight here. It wasn't some little chinaman who was tired of pulling a rickshaw that suddenly said "hey, I think I'll make big block mopar parts and export them to amellica"! It is capitalistic americans who are having the stuff made by cheap labor because THEY can make a buck !!! And there's nothing wrong with that. However, when it comes to quality you have to spell it out. An american quality "guru" once said that "quality is conformance to requirements". So when you have a product made you have to specify each and every one of those requirements. That's real simple when you're dealing with local shops - they send you a prototype, you need a change, you call them up and tell them and they make adjustments. Its a little different when you're dealing with people who not only speak a different language but are also accustomed to cranking out cheap parts fast because that's what the customer has always wanted! However, make no mistake - if you spell out EXACTLY what you want to a Chinese manufacturer, you will get a product of unsurpassed quality at a price that can't be beat. The bottom line is if you have an issue with offshore quality, blame the guy that ordered it, not the guy that made it.