That's the first I have head of in the water pump problem. I think a combination of diffrent factors could be here. On the origian post where his motor is over heating, it could be a combination of factors that would add heat. No spring in hoses so they collapse with heat, low waterpump housing volume, compression ratio, bore diamiter, compression height,rearend ratio in traffic driving (ever seen what 4;10's and 3:23's diffrence in heat for cruising). I knew a guy who had a brand new engine, literatly fresh from the shop and had everything perfect and it would overheat, no matter what they did. After several trips they disassembled the block and still found nothing. Later on, the boil job done to the block was sub-par and found huge rust and debris in the water passages blocking a good deal of flow! After a correct boil and dipping, they reassembled the engine and it lost 30 degrees of over heating temp!

Now I'm not saying who is at fault or what is the cause, but assuming that a 3/4 inch in diffrence after all the hundreds of pumps/housings sold and there have been no known problems of that reported before, might be pushing the parinoid button a little to soon here. If it's such a big deal about that little volume, just take a little dremel and open it up. Come on, these car part upgrades save alot of people some cash in the long run, so why not just go that little extra step and do something that will make your self feel good that you did the work yourself.

And just so people don't say I am defending Brandon, the only thing I ever bought off him was a set of mopar performance main caps he had for sale. I have been around about 20 other of his customers motors in cars, trucks and one motorhome that used his parts, and never have heard a problem with any of those parts he sold (except an very early roller rocker set when the company first started, and that was fixed early on) and everyone pretty muc drives/races their rides frequently.

Now nobody is dog piling you B-man, just people just comparing info and tech, nothing more.

Now, where did I put that dremel at......