Quote:

As to the comment about street cars not having rollcages and parachutes, two things: 1) There's no way to run any drag race a any track and ignore NHRA rules. 2) I guess you've never been to a street race in Chicago or Detroit.

Henry,

I am not picking on yuo nor flaming just trying to shine some light into the tunnel. I will say this there are tons of fast cars here in Detroit. I can also, with confidence state there are some fast cars in Chi-town. I watched a street race between Mike Moran and some guy on what appeared to be a Pro-stock style bike back in the mid 80's. Moran dragged the back bumper as he went through an intersection, not because the car rode low but because the fronts were hanging. There is a 5 window coupe that runs 8.60's and usually runs about 3/8's of a mile as he goes down the strip. Also I know my buddy drove his 6.67@210mph Camaro on the street this summer. Now all of the above mentioned cars are NHRA legal. Now to the class racing stuff. There is some truth in the staement about it being a Mustang and Chevy show. But let's face it, Ma Mopar is just getting on board and the after market guys are too. The rules are catered to the Ford and Chevy guys. Then if a Mopar does win and win consistantly they are penalized. Case and point is Greg Lagore(sp) in Real Street. Win 2 years in a row and EVERY Mopar has to be 200lbs heavier. Oh that is fair, NOT!!! But if you want to play, you play by their rules. Lastly, both cars in my sig are street legal, plated and insured.

DF, thanks for looking out for us. I am going to look into getting something together for this.