"Seems to me that it is going to be Camaro/Firebird vs Mustang event. and pepper in a few Corvettes & Vipers. You guys missed the ball. good intentions though. Just my $.02
Henry"

Missed the Ball????
In What way? (Seriously, in the most respectful way I can say that)

What event are you contrasting this to? Have you been to any 10.5" outlaw shootouts lately and counted the hords of mopars at them? No, of course not, because they are far and few between. Those events are dominated by Fords and GM products because they have a FAR greater number of fast cars to show in just about any market.

NO, it doesn't get any better than this for the MOpar faithful.
Here we have a direct invitation to an event that Hot Rod Mag is picking the participants and, even better, Hot Rod is here ( A MOPar forum) giving us first dibs on the 'get in early band wagon'. So, if it is a Mustang & F-body event it certainly won't be because we didn't have the oportunity to participate.

I also think that most of us here know that no one ever wins that argument about what defines a street car, its a moving target. So if the cars have to pass NHRA tech it's still a great concept/event by what ever name it is called by. Surely we don't wan't to try and get this going in violation to the most basic of safety rules.

From what I have read of the rules it makes sense. I think the cars that can meet the posted demands and requirements are the same cars that a lot of folks will want to see compete. I see a few things that may need to be ironed out but I know I'm not going to lose any sleep over them.

It's a great concept, keep up the good work.

john