Hey Freiburger, i know everyones going to have there say in what they think would be a good class

So heres my idea of a good class of racing. Keeps cost down for us guys who dont have the money for a turbo or supercharger or money to go through motors on nitrous and shows whose got a REAL street car. Up to 468 cubic inch motors, bore and stroke of your choice,single carburator, but any intake, factory style heads {no high port, crazy runners with offset rockers and such} for instance a SBC would have to have 23 degree heads but any brand, matirial or CC runner etc with only cleanup and port matching allowed, no porting, no power adders of ANY KIND, relaible on pump gas, cam is limited to a hydraulic or solid grind of your choice,no rollers of any kind, maximum 10" DOT approved tire, mods to the factory wheel well ok, but no tubs of any sort, factory style transmission {richmond 5 speeds and Tremecs, etc are fine, just no pro shifted clutchless, jerico or liberty stuff}, proper safty equipment,no electronics except Ignition box with maximum 2 stage rev limiter and top end retard, Rearend is your choice. Chassis has to be of stock nature, but cal tracs and other bolt ons allowed. Must go on a 50 or so mile highway/side street, cruise with "pace truck" or what ever, must keep up and not drop back for any reason, go straight to track, 1/2 hour for prep time, fill up on 93 like you said and only tools you can have are in your car and go HEADS UP ELIMINATION for 3 classes, Class 1 small block {0ci-408ci} Class2 Big block {396ci-468ci} and Class 3 Unlimited {0ci-468ci}. This in my opinion is a real roots style race, it would get alot more people into racing again and there would be alot of good 11, 10 and maybe 9 second runs and it would be a real deal, not tainted with money, because anymore we just cant afford to run with the big dogs who in turn have big pockets, This is my idea of race rules and i think it very well describes most of the Hot Street cars that i actually concider to be street cars, it makes it affordable to get into the sport and be very competitive. What do you think?
Nick Lingua
Waterloo, Ia