Quote:

You make a post on a board dedicated to a different brand of car....what did you expect? If I posted at a vette site with a pic of my Coronet, I would expect to get flamed bigger than a funny car explosion. Heck, your screen name practically asks to be flamed.

You may have a nice car, and that is fine but if it doesn't meet these requirements http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/ETQuickRef.html might as well not even bother. Running under 10 sec? better have a parachute and a bunch of SFI rated parts on that C5. That's where the wannabe part comes in. You may not fit completely in that category, but the guys that ignore safety for the sake of going faster certainly are wannabes in my books. Sure you can strip down a stock LS1 6 speed Z28, add a big nitrous shot and run some impressive numbers, but it is gonna require alot more than that to pass tech, certified cage, axles, 'chute, master cut off, etc etc.

That being said, I hope Hot Rod runs this shootout as a legit sanctioning body would. That means, if it does not meet the letter of the rules...it doesn't get in, none of this: "well, the rest of the car passes, so you can compete." I hope it will be: Got a stock harmonic balancer on there? good bye. See you when you have an SFI approved one.

Now. I hope that clears stuff up a bit. And the crack about mopar guys....this is from personal experience....no other message board I have been a part of, and this includes many of different makes, have been as supportative and inflamatory as the crew here at moparts.com.

Thanks for stopping by.... AIGF

-James

No my car doesnt run under 9.99 And the only reason I posted in here was this was where the Hot Rod Magazine thread was. I could care less about being different brand. Evedentey you are just a little threatened by my exisitance on the board. I really hope not all Mopar guys are like you. I like fast cars and once again could care less what make,model they are. Seems like you still have that chip