The decision to buy an electric car is no different than how you buy your clothing. It depends on what part of the planet you live on. If you live in Miami I seriously doubt stocking up on thermal underwear & knee boots lined with insulation is a good idea when shorts & sandals are better. If you're in Alaska then don't shop for the same clothes as the person in Miami. I'm in NY about 60 miles north of NYC & I would seriously consider an EV as an extra vehicle to run around locally with but they're simply out of my price range so it isn't happening.

One of my close friends bought a used Tesla a couple of years ago as a second car & loves it. I don't remember which model, but it's the more expensive one & is actually a nice looking car compared to the others. He lives in northern NJ & has driven it to SC to visit his father, He also planned the trip based on knowing that he'd have to stop to charge. He used the fast charge stations & ate while the car charged. He didn't have to stay anywhere overnight, it took 30 minutes to get an 80 to 85 percent charge. The whole trip cost him $35.