All good points Nutso. That said, I'd still love to see all sorts of lawsuits against the gov, specifically the exec branch, for believing they can "Mandate" anything in this country. That would be the job of the Legislative side and trying to use the 1970 Clean Air act powers is a real reach. The Government has No business picking "Winners and Losers". This should have happened some time ago. I'm sure the Rivians excel is great, but how long could you drive it like that also. Saw my first one about 2 weeks ago. Looks just like that Honda half truck. Useful for garbage runs out here in the country but that is about it. As others have stated, EVs may well be the future, but not these EVs. An EV with at least 500 mile range and a battery about the size of a briefcase. You look at Computers, it is doable, but realistically, probably 25-40 years out. 7 states have decided to follow CA and ban new ICE vehicle sales by 2035. That is simply not realistic and perhaps a step way too far. Already, while moving certain goods, I am told that we have trucks that drive to the CA border for DoD and then sit and wait for a CA legal Semi to come to the border to pick up the load. That is insane, effects not only national defense, but also trips the federal gov because it now also effects commerce.

67 Barracuda FB 69 Superbee "Southern Maryland: If you want a good looking woman, you had better bring her with you"