It seems like the EV craze is here to stay, the pendulum has swung in that direction. EVs make sense in the city, where most people commute 30-40 miles and park all day. When the electrical infrastructure is enhanced to support the charging of all these cars, the pollution in urban areas will be decreased significantly. It makes sense to have a generating station with emissions filters and scrubbers instead of having tiny ones on every vehicle. That being said, the technology is evolving so fast that it's risky to get into the market and get a lemon. It also doesn't make sense to outlaw gas/diesel vehicles - what about us rural dwellers that need to drive long distances and tow? I feel like rational discussion and reasonable regulation could create a situation where a pollution is reduced in populated areas and combustion engine vehicles aren't outlawed completely. I'm probably dreaming....:0

I also am impressed by the performance aspects of some of the EVs. That weird looking rivian truck is as fast as a BMW M5 or a hellcat. Crazy!