Originally Posted by poorboy
Originally Posted by Dcuda69
My wife drives 2 miles/day. Should be the ideal setup for an EV...right? But....my kids live a couple hundred miles away...so that makes the EV less desirable. Of course we could take my 15 mpg truck to see my kids but that defeats the purpose of the EV...right? I could buy a 3rd car with an ICE but that also defeats the purpose of the EV. The little fuel the wife burns in her commute is nothing but yet that's where the EV shines. So what's the purpose of the EV again?????

the purpose of an EV?
An EV has to very important purposes.
1) EVs are designed to transfer funds. From your hand to the government as taxes and the EV manufacturer to purchase the product. From the Federal Government to the EV companies as tax incentives and environment credits. From the EV manufacturers to the government in the form of donations for government funded programs and campaign funding.

2) To allow the government more control over your life by limiting the number of miles you can travel, the conditions you travel in, and the frequency in which you can travel in the form of battery charge limitations and charging time. Then once you have your personal transportation limited the an EV and its travel limitations, you give the government the ability to limit the amount of electricity you can use the charge your EV through the power grid limitation and the control of how much electric you can use during a given time..Not only have you given the government control over how far you can travel, but also how frequently you can travel, and when you can travel, you have also given the government the chance to monitor where you travel, and how long you stay there.

Above is all true.

The Amish are closer to correct than EV.....BUT they still need the "English" to use their ICE vehicles to get them to see relatives, get to job sites, etc.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience