Originally Posted by oldjonny
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by a12rag
Last week I flew into Vancouver, BC for meetings . . .rented a car - Hertz rental had a "Tesla 3" for rent . . .uhh, nope . . . I have NO IDEA where the damn charging sites are . . . and, do I have to bring it back "fully charged" ??? . . . just easier to rent a "regular" vehicle

A Tesla tells you where the sites are...

I have a coworker that drives his Tesla 125 miles round trip every day. Zero issues. Cost him about $5 a day for charging. He's driven it to Florida and back, along with other road trips. Zero issues. Him, and I discuss them every once in a while. Will I buy one? No. I'll keep driving my cheap daily that cost my $7K 4 years ago, and gets 40mpg. I'm just not a new car person...

Florida trip would require too many long duration stops to charge for me to stomach...not for me.

No doubt. My wife works with some people that took a Tesla on a trip to the beach in North Carolina. Once they hit the mountains, it was game over. Required an overnight stay in order to charge up. That’s right, these awesome machines that have barely increased range since being proclaimed “the future” like ten years ago, will require you to cut loads of time off your vacation. Think about that, cut two days off a trip so you can save the planet. One lithium. Mine at a time.

Sure, they make sense at terminals, around town, probably one car per family, with something like my suv as the second vehicle. My gas guzzler suv would’ve made that beach trip for those people on one stop for five minutes to refuel, maybe even make it the whole way on one tank. Also didn’t require taxpayers to pay a kings ransom to Elon mush on top of the market price. Remember, a rebate from the government only increases the bottom line for the company, it doesn’t reduce the price of the car for the consumer. That’s Econ 101 right there.

I want my fair share