Originally Posted by Tig
This is an old pic of the drivers side (2012?), it started off as a 1 3/4" roll bar but just got added to until it was 8.50 legal and then we added more tubes. The front is tied, you can see a tube going forward, it goes through the bulkhead where it's plated / welded and goes forward under the fender to where the motorplate is mounted on the front frame rail. Rearward it is X'd to rear where the rails step up and two bars go through to the trunk where they are welded to the frame rails. The vast majority of the tubes are 1 3/4" cds and it contributes to the cars 4000lb + weight, that having been said the car is definitely rigid, we've come down hard a few times from big wheelstands and the damage could have been a lot worse. You can't use the rear seat and the top half of it isn't even in there.
Next time, I'm having a Chrome moly cage done. No swing out bars, I don't need them now the steering wheel is removable.

[Linked Image]

I like how the door bars are put in, but still retains the swing out upany pictures of the underside fender bars?