Ok, I have no transmission relay anywhere that I can find. See picture of the power distribution center on my truck. This is a 96 truck with the OBD 2 system and the PCM has 3 plugs attached to it.

I have no 12 volt power to the harness connection at the trans on terminal #1. That 12 volt power is suppose to come from the trans relay.

I am unsure of the condition of the wiring at the top of the trans where the splice that has known issues is located.

I think I'm going to add my own transmission relay. According to the wiring diagrams I've found (suppose to be reprinted FSM diagrams), the 4 terminals on the relay that are used has (1) battery power, (1) ignition power, (1) PMC supplied ground wire, and (1) 12 volt powered wire to the harness connector. #1 terminal. I would run that 12 volt power wire directly to the #1 terminal, which provides power to the solenoid pack. That ignition controlled power to the relay would shut down the power when the truck is off, correct?

From what I've read, that computer supplied ground can be shut off by the PCM if it detects a fault code. This transmission has been operating a year with the existing codes. If I eliminate the PCM supplied ground and just did a straight ground, other then the PCM loosing the ability to turn off the OD and put the trans into a 3rd gear only drive, what else can happen? It wouldn't be too hard to put a shut off switch on that ground wire to kill the power from the relay.

I believe if I can power the solenoid pack, the OD would work. After some use, I may even be able to try to connect back to the PMC supplied ground.

Thoughts?

If i don't hear anything negative, its going to happen tomorrow morning!

100_1059.JPG